Say goodbye to brown spots, redness, and sun damage with our exclusive IPL Photofacial
IPL Photofacial. Harsh environmental conditions and the natural aging process can cause our skin tone to become uneven and dull. But at Harmony Aesthetics, we can effectively and painlessly turn back the hands of time so you can look your best.
What is IPL Photofacial?
What Does it Treat?
The LimeLight facial works well on virtually any part of your face, neck, décolleté, shoulders, and arms that presents any of the following conditions:
- Hyperpigmentation lesions (age-related brown spots or liver spots)
- Sun damage (brown and red freckles)
- Skin redness (Rosacea) and blotchiness
- Telangiectasia (facial spider veins)
How Does it Work?
The Cutera® Limelight Photofacial
Uses a highly versatile and advanced non-laser IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology.
Its versatility allows
Our medical professionals to customize your IPL Photofacial to your specific needs taking into account your skin type.
During the IPL Photofacial treatment
We gently deliver precise amounts of intense pulsed light (IPL) to the target area.
The heating effects of the IPL Photofacial treatment
Help diffuse the pigmentation of brown spots, reduce redness and other discolorations. Additionally, as the pulses of light pass through the skin’s surface, they trigger the production of new collagen and reduce blood flow to broken capillaries in the area, which further helps to reduce redness.
The new collagen will smooth the skin
And reduce some of the signs of aging, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores.
What to Expect?
IPL treatments can be uncomfortable for some patients, but they are not painful. Most describe the feeling as a mild pinch.
Our IPL Photofacial does not require any downtime so that you can return to your daily activities immediately after your session.
Some patients experience mild redness resembling a sunburn, and there may also be mild swelling in the treatment area. The redness typically dissipates within a few hours, while the swelling usually starts going down within a few hours but may last up to one day.
Your skin will be fragile for 2-3 days. Therefore, you should avoid harsh cleansers and hot water. Instead, opt for gentle cleansers and cold or warm water when washing your face. You can use skin moisturizers and makeup right after your IPL face treatment.
Immediately after the IPL treatment, you will notice your brown spots begin to darken, and within one to three weeks, the dark spots will start to flake off and fade.
- Redness and spider veins will show significant improvement within one to three weeks, revealing a healthier complexion.
- IPL Photofacial sessions typically last 30 minutes but could be longer depending on the treated area. The number of IPL treatments required varies from one patient to another. Still, our specialists recommend up to three Cutera® Limelight Photofacial sessions spaced at least four weeks apart for best results.